First Look is a ministry environment created especially for infants (six weeks old) through Kindergarten. We know that young children learn and grow in amazing ways. Every Sunday, we take advantage of this unique time of their lives to introduce them to their loving Heavenly Father.
We believe nothing is more important than for children to begin to understand who God is. We want them to know him as their Creator, their Heavenly Father, and their Friend. Our goal is for all preschoolers to master three key truths before they leave First Look:
- God Made Me.
- God Loves Me.
- Jesus Wants To Be My Friend Forever.
Our curriculum is centered on the three basic truths listed above. It is adapted from First Look curriculum.
Sunday Morning in First Look:
Children are placed in small groups with small group leaders. Sunday morning is divided into several segments:
- Make It Fun – This is the first activity of the morning and is designed to grab their attention.
- Bible Story - They hear a creative presentation of the Bible story and participate in worship, where they are encouraged to sing and dance and interact with their leaders.
- Small Group - Following the worship and story time, they talk about what theyʼve learned that day and what it means to them. They pray together and learn to talk to God.
- During the last part of their morning, they participate in several creative and fun hands-on activities designed to re-emphasize the key truth of the day.